Organ Law’s partners have over 40 years of experience representing some of the largest companies in the world. They are all former federal law clerks. They have previously practiced litigation at some of the world’s largest and most well-respected law firms. Their collective experience extends from pre-complaint counseling all the way to oral arguments in some of the highest courts in the country.
All of our attorneys share exceptional talent, a strong work ethic, and uncompromising ethics, along with a passion for trying cases. Of course, most civil litigation is resolved before trial, but our passion for and focus on trial preparation benefits our clients at every stage of a dispute, regardless of the form or forum, and regardless of when it is ultimately resolved. Managing disputes with a view toward trial helps our clients in mediations, arbitrations, settlement negotiations, and other dispute resolution avenues short of formal public litigation.
Organ Law is a small firm by design. We staff cases leanly, and we offer flexible approaches on fee arrangements that big firms simply cannot match. We work with our clients to resolve legal disputes effectively, efficiently, and economically.
Our attorneys have experience in a wide range of substantive and procedural areas, including:
- Elite appellate experience, including numerous arguments in the Ohio Supreme Court and state and federal appellate courts
- Class-action lawsuits
- Federal multi-district litigation
- Emergency injunctive relief and restraining orders
- Product liability and mass-tort cases
- Non-competition matters
- Patent and trademark litigation
- Intellectual property and trade secret protections
- Government enforcement and regulatory disputes
- Real estate and construction cases
- Securities fraud litigation
- Consumer protection cases
- Business insurance coverage disputes
- Breach-of-contract cases
- Public-records actions
- Oil and gas disputes
If you or your business is embroiled in a dispute, we welcome the opportunity to discuss how we may be able to assist.
Recent Representative Cases
- JobsOhio Defeats Constitutional Challenge. Organ Law represented JobsOhio in successfully defeating a mandamus action in the Ohio Supreme Court challenging the constitutionality of the nonprofit organization leading Ohio's job-creation efforts.
- ProMedica Earns Reversal of Insurance Coverage Decision. After a federal trial court issued a summary judgment decision denying a multi-million-dollar insurance claim by ProMedica, Toledo’s leading healthcare company, retained Organ Law and won reversal of the decision in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
- Cedar Fair Earns Victory in COO Employment Dispute. Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, parent company of Cedar Point and thirteen other amusement and water parks, retained Organ Law when an arbitrator ordered that its COO be reinstated after a dispute over his departure. Organ Law obtained reversal of the arbitrator’s decision in the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Uber Defeats Columbus’s Bid for Restraining Order. Organ Law represented Uber in defeating a motion for temporary restraining order by the City of Columbus, allowing Uber to continue to provide cutting-edge peer-to-peer ridesharing service in Columbus.
- Organ Law Files Certiorari Petition. On behalf of ProMedica, Organ Law filed a petition for writ of certiorari in the United States Supreme Court.